About Me

My photo
Creativity would best define me whether it be in the form of food, hair, writing, or self development. Although each of these is quite different they are all interconnected. I use them all as a way of escape, self awareness, and empowerment. I feel as though if I can make a difference in at least one person’s life I’m happy. These three things afford me the opportunity to make a difference.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vegetable Tamales

I've always wanted to make my own tamales so since I have some time off I decided why not?  Tamales are made with corn meal (masa), water, evoo, sauteed veggies, and Mexican seasoning.  Masa is normally made with lard shortening, and chicken brought.  I substituted with water, extra virgin olive oil and spices.   Would have been delicious with sour cream and salsa, but not this time. A little time and preparation cans turn any meal into a veggie meal. Especially if yo can't get use to eating the same dull boring food. 

             


           


                 


                   

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm always looking for vegetarian dishes. Thanks for sharing I may try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It' really easier than it looks. I forgot to mention the up to 2 hour soaking of the corn husk in hot water. This reminded me of the book Tamales for Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina,
    I am so impressed with all the vegetarian recipes you are making! Your tamales look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete