About Me

My photo
Creativity would best define me whether it be in the form of food, hair, writing, or self development. Although each of these is quite different they are all interconnected. I use them all as a way of escape, self awareness, and empowerment. I feel as though if I can make a difference in at least one person’s life I’m happy. These three things afford me the opportunity to make a difference.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

God's Greatest Gifts

When I think of His goodness and all that He's done for me, my soul cries out hallelujah, I thank God for saving me.  On December 11, 2013 my life forever change as I looked upon my twin grandsons Jayden and Justice.  After becoming a widow at the tender age of 36, I sort of thought all hope was gone and that I could not love another being again.  Boy was I proven wrong! I was happy when I gave birth to my daughter and my son, but becoming a grandmother truly excels any blessing or accomplishment that I've ever received.  Their big black eyes, thick curly hair, and even smooth chocolate skin is everything I could have imagined. When I first learned of their conception I immediately thanked God for double for my trouble, my double portion.  They will call me "Bibi", which means grandmother in Swahili.  I adopted this name from a dear mother whom I admire.  Although, my life is more than enough to give me hope, these little boys give me hope beyond measure.  I also have a non biological grandson Tyzheim, he is also the love of my life.  There is nothing in the world that I wouldn't give to this little boy.  My goal is to be a better grandmother than I was as a mother.  As much as I love my grandchildren, I think it's very important to always be the grandmother not the mother.  Grandchildren are for enjoyment there will be no problems with me staying in my lane. It's sad when I see grandparents having to take care of their grandchildren full-time.  However, I admire those that take on the challenge during difficult situations.  As an adult I often think of the wonderful inspiration that my grandmother was to me.  It was through her that I developed my love for The Lord and the church.  It's was through her that I learned that woman were strong and courageous.  I can vividly remember sharing her coffee on some mornings.  Hers was hot in a mug and mine well she would pour a little in a Dixie cup.  Priceless memories, I hope to someday be able to make new memories with my grand children.  How impressionable was your grandparent in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment