About Me

My photo
Creativity would best define me whether it be in the form of food, hair, writing, or self development. Although each of these is quite different they are all interconnected. I use them all as a way of escape, self awareness, and empowerment. I feel as though if I can make a difference in at least one person’s life I’m happy. These three things afford me the opportunity to make a difference.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just Play Your Horn



Little boy, little boy, go play your horn.
 When you become a man exchange that horn for a trumpet.
 Blow it loud, as if you are sounding the alarm. 
You are a mighty man of valor! 
As a boy someone may have tried to strip you of your dream, but it couldn’t be done. 
I remember seeing you tossing pebbles in the pond, and secretly making a wish.  Because making a wish, Man, that’s for girls, and I’m a boy I can just make things happen.
 My name is name is Malik, but they usually call me mean, mischievous, or miserable.
 I can’t let that stop me because I have my secret wishes of being a;
teacher
doctor
 lawyer
 or after 2009 even a president.
 I can be anything I want to be.  It is my secret wishes that reassure me that the sky is the limit.
 Beyond the sky is a place called paradise, and oh I’m sure to go there also. 
I am strong, mighty, an aristocrat, and more than a conqueror.  I’m just waiting until my secret wishes are manifested, and then they will know that the man they see today started out as me.  A little boy just playing his horn.
                                                                TTJ

No comments:

Post a Comment