About Me

My photo
Creativity would best define me whether it be in the form of food, hair, writing, or self development. Although each of these is quite different they are all interconnected. I use them all as a way of escape, self awareness, and empowerment. I feel as though if I can make a difference in at least one person’s life I’m happy. These three things afford me the opportunity to make a difference.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Imagine

Imagine if your mother left you in the hospital at birth.  Imagine you ended up in foster care because she didn't have a change of heart.  Imagine if once you arrived to your first foster home full of caring people but it lacked nurturing.  Fast forward our society is full of young men that have grown up missing many of these essential elements only to be perceived as uncaring, unloving, and unattached to those around them or the world at large.  It is my belief that it is all stemmed from that one initial very crucial first touch.  Today I met an infant that was too young to even hold his own bottle so he was very new to this thing called life.  I watched as he woke up to a cry that only grew louder as he was being attended to because he was wet and hungry.  His care taker at the time immediately attended to his needs and talked to him as she continued to change him and make him confortable.  My initial response was awe how sweet as she prepared his bottle and put him in his infant chair.  What followed really disturbed me but this care taker was only doing what she thought was in the best interest of the infant.  Once he was in the chair she propped a nice fluffy blanket on his chest to hold the bottle that she gently slid into his mouth.  As I sat there and watched I became extremely sad for this infant male.  I started to think this is a true case of being dammed from the beginning.  This infant has been deprived of that loving touch from his mother and now he is missing the most important bonding period of his life.  It is so important for an infant to be held during feeding at this stage in their life.  This is the time where he should be feeling arms around him that will give him the sense of protection.  He should be studying the face that will assure him that he is loved and everything will be okay.  He should be able to wrap his tiny little fingers around one of the fingers that is feeding him.  Sadly enough this is not the case for this innocent infant that will probably grow up being misunderstood by society.  These simple elements are essential to life it’s not an excuse for mischievous behavior.  I look to You to touch this infant’s life from the crown of his head to the sole of his feet.  I pray that the generational curse be broken.  I imagine that his life will have purpose and be filled with destiny that he will be able to connect with those around him.  I imagine that he will be placed either back to the mother that abandoned him (with proper counseling and signs of being ready to be a caring mother) or a caring family that will love and cherish him.  I imagine that he will be able to return the good portions of his life  journey 100 folds into someone else life as he grows up.  I imagine that God will provide for his every need.  The things that are taken for granted can ultimately mean life or death for an infant that has to grow up in today’s society.   Imagine the difference that one touch can make.  All this came from one short encounter with baby prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment